Hummingbird Dreams What Does It Mean?

Reprint of story shared originally June 28, 2013:

Have you ever had a dream of hummingbirds? What do you remember in your hummingbird dreams, any details or only the feeling you had when you saw the hummingbirds? Is there meaning behind hummingbird dreams, and how do you know what your dream means?

hummingbird dreams what your dreams mean?Hummingbird Dreams

Today I have a strong relationship with the hummingbird totem. Looking back, it appears that my connection was not so much by choice, at least not my own conscious decision. Where did this relationship begin? In my teen years I would rescue hummingbirds from the boathouse when they appeared trapped, trying to escape through a closed window. Once freed they would fly away, and our relationship ended as quickly as it began.

Years later, in the early days of raising my son, I decided to add hummingbird feeders in my yard. The feeders often remained full, with no sign of a hummingbird. But hummingbirds did appear in the twilight during the cub scout planning meetings at my home.

One morning I awoke, remembering a dream I had the night prior. I was lying on the grass, looking up at the columbine flowers in bloom. Suddenly a hummingbird appeared, and I watched as it drank from each flower until it was nearly over my head. Then another hummingbird appeared. Was there meaning to this dream? Perhaps, but what was most important to me was not so much an interpretation that was a prediction, or solution. What meant the most was the feeling, being a part of something so beautiful, feeling I belonged.

Add another decade of time, and the rekindling of my passion for soul-based growth and healing, something I set aside during my parenting years, and I saw my relationship with the hummingbirds grow. The population of hummingbirds increased, and these hummingbirds interacted with me more and more. Once I rekindled my spiritual counseling practice I worked with many of my clients by phone. During the peak of my clients healing process a hummingbird would often appear, perching outside my window only till the energy release took place. Teamwork in itself can lead to a greater healing experience.

Hummingbird Dreams and what your dream means

So why bring up this topic of hummingbird dreams today?  There was a recent passing within my inner circle. Spiritually I felt this event coming, even though the details were not yet known. Since the transition I have felt the intensity of his energy, and have dedicated myself to helping in his transition. At night, while my physically body rests, I work with this soul-self to help him re-gather his energy that has been scattered by the years, but letting the memories remain.

I had a dream, another hummingbird dream. I do not remember the other person in my dream, or why we were in this  wooded, nature setting. What I do remember are the hummingbirds, one in particular. It began with a game like peek-a-boo, with this hummingbird peeking around a bush to see me while still trying to remain hidden. Then at some point this hummingbird flew up to me, quite suddenly, as they do. A sudden touch on my eyelid felt like a hummingbird kiss, and then the hummingbird flew away. I spoke to my companion about this, with a smile and feeling of love. Later this same hummingbird was offered my hand to perch upon, and soon enough took me up on the offer.

What was the meaning of hummingbird dreams?

So often in our day-to-day life we work so hard to keep the faith, be strong, and hold ourselves together. Love can permeate so many situations, but our power to clench our energy in our need to control our world can lock out the one thing we need the most. But dreams are different. In our dreams we do not face the body-personality challenges, and the need to be strong. In these moments something special, like a hummingbird, can appear, and we are free to interact.

What about this hummingbird dream and what your dream means? In this case the feeling overrides any meaning we may try to discover. It is the feeling of love, appreciation, and spiritual recognition. It is the feeling of being open to the experience, and our ability to release and feel whole again. This dream was such a welcomed healing for me, reminding me of my support, even the little winged angels in this world. I, too, appreciate this chance to share my experience.

Have you had hummingbird dreams, and seek to know what your dream means? Please message me or post a comment.

hummingbird shaman signature

My greatest love is assisting others shift into the comfort of acceptance and appreciation. This relational, open-hearted energy carries into my many interests: photography, symbiotic gardening, long walks, and enjoying nature. Ready for a shift in your own world? Sessions available by appt.

Original image credits: Gould, John: A monograph of the Trochilidae, or family of humming-birds Volume 4 (1861)

Share!

Hummingbird Shaman

Kavi's greatest love is facilitating the shift from questions into greater joy and understanding. This energy of joyful expression transfers into her many interests: photography, organic, symbiotic gardening, long dog-lead walks, and, of course, bird watching. Ready for a change within your own world? Seeking your own multi-dimensional support and alliance? Healing sessions and transitional support are available by appointment.

You may also like...

116 Responses

1. Erin says:

Last night I dreamed that there was a parent and baby hummingbird pair that lighted on me and wouldn’t leave me. They clung to my shoulders and stayed with me throughout a journey where I moved from activity to activity with people I loved. I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thanks so much.

• Thanks for the comment!
      The first impression is about totem animals. Some totem animals are present all through a persons life, while other are there for a certain time period as a support for specific reasons. Looks like your own transition, the baby and adult hummingbird representing you. Interesting dream! If you’d like to delve more into the spiritual meaning, you can schedule a session. Thanks for sharing!

• Jackie Nunez says:

I had a dream about talking to hummingbirds. They talked back but all I remember is feeling so happy and content that these birds were talking to me. What does that mean?

• Dreams of hummingbirds can be connected to things you are working on in your waking hours. I see you are seeking to increase your inner communications, and that inner voice being echoed to you by the hummingbirds. Fascinating, as I see it I understand the depth of it and it makes so much sense! Glad you enjoyed your happy dream!

HummingbirdShaman

2. charity kimball says:

I had a dream last night I was driving in a car with the top down and looked up and saw this big fat Hummingbird looking at me he was so beautiful with so many different colors but the bright blue color stood out more he followed me down the road as he flew above my car and i just watched him more then i watched the road..:P He would speed up and then slow down for me to ketch up to him. It was a very nice dream and made me feel happy as well.

3. Mab says:

I had a very unpleasant dream about a talking hummingbird who refused to leave me alone. I was trying to go to work (as I actually had work that day), and she chased me as I walked toward my car, perching here and there on random objects. Mostly urban scenery – stairwells, low walls, etc. I thought that she was being mean and said something to insult her out of extreme anger. She then “attacks” me by hovering so close to my face I am afraid she will poke my eyes out. My reaction in the dream was to try to hide my face and ‘freeze’ to discourage her. This dream event was so unpleasant it woke me up startled! I remember lying in bed for a few minutes ‘calming myself down’ by imagining fighting back more forceully, such as swatting her away or threatening her. I also thought of apologizing, as I don’t have that much against hummingbirds and thought it strange that there would be so much antagonism in a dream about one!

Just thought I’d share, as I found it particularly strange and baffling.

• Hello Mab,
      Yes that was a very unusual dream, but dreams can be that way. I typically do not see hummingbirds being frightening to anyone. We will release stress and bound-up emotional energy at night through our dreams sometimes. This may have been a way for you to remind yourself to pay attention to the reaction you had when you were awake. It’s not so much about fighting back, but regaining your own power. Hummingbirds are very powerful for their size, not in a scary way. Thanks for sharing, it’s amazing what can take place in a dream!!

4. Martuniaaa says:

Last night, in my dream, I appeared on a beautiful calm beach, with very warm sea water, during sunset. Slowly, it became more crowded.. But before there were many people, a giant hummingbird appeared and was pollinating a giant flower before me. It was a rather huge humming bird. About the size of a normal owl. It did not fly away. Later on in the dream, I was holding a red balloon and was gliding with it. Like it had enough helium just to take me off the ground for a bit. I sailed right into the beautiful, warm, crystal clean sea while on my way to the concession stand. I met many friends, I haven’t spoken to for a while, on my way there.
    Just after that, I woke up.

5. Martuniaaa says:

And one more thing!!
    I had a strange dream experience. The night before this one, I dreamt of red/pink salt BLIZZARDING from the sky. I was in awe of the beautiful sight. It was falling from the sky like dry snow in a blizzard, completely taking over the sky. There was so much salt, I could taste it strongly. I woke up having to spit out my saliva because my mouth was too salty.
    What does this mean?!

• Dreams are often created by the brain as a way to release stress. The meaning can be as simple as just releasing unconscious details. Isn’t it amazing to have the salt water taste in the morning? Makes it seem more real.

• Marcus Aurelius says:

Dreams are not created by the brain,to say that is not to understand what dreams are and where the come from. The brain is like a radio receiver,ir creates nothing,this is an unfortunate attitude in Western European thinking .In true shamanic cultures,dreams,songs,spirits etc all live freely and independantly of humans.It is understood as an act of grace by the Life community to be ” given” a dream. Lastly there is the “body politic” the communicates through imagery in dreams about having to pee,, having indigestion.stress relief,etc..but these are not the “big dreams” that are true communications from the spirit world.
        As well as in shamanic cultures, the thing is what it is. in other words the hummingbird IS simply that,a particular individual ,actual hummingbird coming to you in spirit form and NOT a symbol or manufacture for stress relief by the brain,of course to the Western mind this is difficult to understand. Wade Davis coined the term “anthropocentric” in the Western bias an inability to consider that there exist worlds and dimensions independant of and not human.

• You certainly have some vivid dreams, Martuniaaa! It’s amazing the things that can be experienced, like dreaming of the salt and then waking with that salty taste in your mouth. Why do we have these dreams? I think they serve a purpose. They are a way to experience life on a different level. You’re reminding me of a dream I had as a child that was a lucid dream, something I dreamed before it happened in waking hours. We just live on a lot of different levels, and some retain those memories.

6. Sofia says:

I had a dream last night with a baby hummingbird. It was in a house, not sure if it was mine but it felt like it was. At first it was a little scared of me but then it let me hold it & it would fly away but come back & it would perch on my finger. Just wondering what it could possibly mean.

• Hello Sofia,
      What a wonderful dream! You remind me of my last hummingbird dream, and the good feelings. Dreams can be so strange, very real and life like, but sometimes very different. What comes to me, intuitively, is a comfortable emotional energy you want to bring into your waking hours. To be so “present” takes a commitment and willingness to be very still so that others (like the hummingbird) can be close to you and be who they are. Nice energy that you are showing me!
      Wishing you the best,

7. Crystal says:

I dreamed a hummingbird was flying around my head then it landed on my face and just stayed there it was kind of uncomfortable because it was on the tender area just under my eye

• Crystal it would be beneficial for you to look at your life, what is seen, what is “hidden”, go with gut level feelings. Hummingbirds will not close your eyes. or create discomfort.

• Hi Chrystal! Interesting dream! Especially the sensation of pain and relation to your eyes. We store images within our eyes, energetically, sometimes painful ones. Sounds like a good signal to you that it’s time for healing!

8. Ana says:

Hello, just yesterday saw a hummingbird buzz in with its’ unique sound and make her presence known. Hummingbirds always give me feeling of joy, wonder and upliftment. But last night in dream after changing clothes, a hummingbird kept coming at me while im trying to leave and repeatedly sticking me with its needle on my side of back. It felt like I was helpless, paralyzed and unable to move with each stick. And felt like this hummingbird was trying to end my life. Interestingly this needle morphed into the back, as if it were stinging me, like a bee. (just a note: have been taking care of old friend who’s pain body appears to be suffering and slowly dying from cancer complications/lymphedema, though almost every night we do energy healing. Thank you. Brightest blessings

9. Amber Hollendursky says:

I awoke this morning from the most bizarre dream!! Most parts are choppy as I don’t remember much, however, one part of my dream has stuck with me in vivid detail, and I can’t get it out of my mind. I was standing in a doorway because I thought I heard a knock at the door. When I opened it, there was the most exotic, brilliant, beautifully colored hummingbird staring at me with a twinkle in its eyes at the door. It kept full eye contact while buzzing around me and there were light tracers/ sparkles that followed the hummingbird from behind wherever it flew. All of a sudden, it came back up to my eye level, gave me a mischievous wink, and darted toward my inner wrist. This is where it gets bizarre lol. The hummingbird took its beak amd “injected” (not bit or nipped because this was like an IV injection just with the slender sharp beak and not a needle) nectar or some glowing, neon, fluid into my veins. I watched as this was happening, and allowed it to happen because I was in pure awe. It stung a little, but not enough for me to freak out and make it stop. On the contrary, I stood there in wonderment and watched as this process took place. After about 30 seconds, the hummingbird stopped, darted back up to eye level, gave me that jovial wink again, and flew away. Soon afterwards, starting from my wrist up my arm and slowly expanding over my whole body were these swirly, henna-like marks creating beautiful designs up and down my body. So surreal!! Just thought I’d share to get other opinions on what this could possibly represent.
    🙂

• What a cool dream! You really show your passion for life, as well as the interest/passion/appreciation for life and expression that your soul circle shares. Funny how we can make so much out of a moment, but yet that expression is not always encouraged in this world, it’s hard to control a creative soul!!

Sometimes dreams are dreams, and sometimes what is thought to be a dream is really just living in one of the different levels of consciousness. Ever hear of the astral level?

I hope you continue to bring that amazing creative side of you into this world. Again, not everyone will appreciate it, but it is inspirational to countless others!

God bless,

10. jenna says:

A couple weeks ago, I had a hummingbird fly up to me as I was sitting on my porch I only seen it for a brief second. However I had a dream that a hummingbird flu up and attached itself to my face it tickled and felt as if it kissed me over n over what does this dream mean?

• Very nice dream, Jenna! I see a tremendous communication and connectivity that you have, that you are trying to integrate into your life and your consciousness. This isn’t anything negative, just an inner connectivity. Love the imagery of your dream!! The great tickling hummingbird!! 🙂

11. victoria says:

I had a dream about two hummingbirds last night. One was snow white with black flecks. I can’t remember what the other looked like. I was in water about waist deep. There was a person with me but I don’t know who they were or even their sex.

All I remember is picking up the one I don’t know what looks like in my hand. I soon realized it was dead. I looked up and saw the white one. I think it was dead, too, or near death. That’s all I can remember.

What does it mean?

• Hello Victoria,
      Very interesting dream! Looks like this is a very personal adventure for you, a time when you are working on boundaries, and creating balance in your life. It’s strange when be bring death into dreams. Time moving forward has the present moment so full of life, and the promise of tomorrow, but the past is gone. Even a breath gives us the oxygen you need, but you also have to get go in order to receive the next breath.

You might want to take a little time for some reflection, and ask what it is you are trying to hold on to. It goes down to a physical, even cellular level.

God bless.

12. Linda says:

I first have to give you a small backstory. I was gone from my house for a short bit. When I came back, a man… with an Italian accent was there and was quite angry. My dad (who passed away a couple months ago of melanoma and and also had the beginning stages of dementia… but unless you knew him, you would not know. My brother was also in the dream and pulled me aside and told me that he had given him the wrong information about what they were supposed to with the house. Clean it from top to bottom and paint the walls. I explained this to the man and he didn’t want to hear about it. He said he would have to come back tomorrow. Now for the hummingbird dream.

A Ruby Throated Humming Bird threw through an open window and land right on my finger (left hand). He stayed there for about 30 seconds all the time beating his wings. He then flew back out the window. I was so delighted! At this time my dad and brother were gone but the worker was scared to death! Then, the hummingbird flew back in and did the exact same thing! Stayed for a while and then left. I then woke up, feeling so happy!

If you could tell me what this means I would appreciate it. It was a very lucid dream!

• Hello Linda,
      Very interesting dream!! My dear, now is certainly a time when you are transitioning and learning to “own your space” on a new level. So nice you could bring the hummingbird in (they are quite the warrior!!) to assist you, but notice you did not have to fight, nor the hummingbird.

Yes some people are afraid of change, or the unknown, or things they cannot explain.

Are you by chance older than your brother? If not, especially if you are the youngest, even better!! Family dynamics can be fascinating!! I don’t see your dad in the dream, but he was there. There might be some of his body energy (fear) that lingers, that perhaps you or your brother took on in support during your dad’s transitions in life.

Thank you for sharing!! Let me know if you need session time.

God bless.

13. Zooey says:

Hello Hummingbird Shaman! I hope you’re well.

In today’s dream, there were two hummingbirds that visited me. They were both radiant in color – one blue and the other green. I was standing next to a window in my house and sticking my head out to catch a better view of them. The first bird – the blue one – hovered in my eyesight before disappearing by flying to a hummingbird feeder on our patio. In the following moment, the green bird did the same, but stayed a while longer, cocking its head in curiosity at me. Soon I was left alone to marvel at the memory of their color when they zoomed past me and into a man’s arms, who was crossing the street.

Do you have any insights as to their brief visit?

Thank you very much!

• Hello Zooey, I am well, thank you! Hope all is well within your world as well.

Love the colors of your hummmingbird, it’s that strong metallic looking sheen on certain parts of hummingbird feathers that, surprisingly, is not a color in the feather at all!!

It’s one thing to have one hummingbird visit, but two would certainly make the occasion even more special. Looks like you are the type that likes special things, and you really bring it in to your heart as a spiritual feast. Looks like you’re acknowledging more of your spiritual side, as well.

Hmmm.. the man across the street. Is he trying to get your attention? Do you know him (yet?).

Wonderful dream! You might find that over time you remember more of this dream.

Thank you for sharing!! God bless.

14. Jeri-Lynn says:

I had a dream 2 nights ago about a humming bird. I was sitting on a bed and out of nowhere a humming bird flew right up in front of my face and stop suddenly. It just stayed there hovering about a couple of feet away staring in my eyes. I somehow knew I had a feeder beside the bed and wanted to reach for it to feed the bird. My niece was suddenly there and said ‘no let me get it you will scare it if you move’. She slowly picked it up from beside the bed, held it up and the bird went and drank from it. The whole time this was happening I did not move, I just watched what was happening. This is all I remember. But the whole thing was very vivid and I can clearly remember the whole thing. Any ideas what this could mean? Thanks 🙂

15. jenny says:

Hi there,
    I had a great dream last night where a silver sparkling owl came flying slowly by and as it got closer I saw a beautifully colored hummingbird riding on the side of the owl- it was gorgeous- i didn’t want them to go. They flew away- it was quite peaceful- it happened in the middle of a semi-chaotic part of the dream, parts I can’t remember. Anyways, thoughts?

Thanks,
    Jenny

• Hi Jenny, thanks for your question!
      The silver sparkling has energy like peace doves, and makes a nice contrast for the hummingbird with all it’s colors. I’ve seen legends of hummingbirds catching a ride on a much larger bird. Looks like the important part of the dream was the part you remembered, your sense of being centered and calm with chaos around you. The chaos parts are always stories, and stories can crumble. You’re really learning about recognizing the power and stability of spirit. Nice!!

Let me know if you want to scheduled a session, to go deeper into your spiritual alliance.

Thank you for sharing your story!
      HummingbirdShaman

16. Megan says:

I had dream that a humming bird land on your finger.I have no clue what this means please help.

• Hello Megan,
      My first impression was to ask “which finger”? Yes I know where some minds will lead with that question!

The obvious choice would be the index finger, one I see as the willful self, or ego side. There is no good or bad to the ego, it can go both ways. The next finger I focused on is the ring finger, which I associate with emotions. The middle finger calls out “mental”, and the little finger indicates the frail aspect, related to health and physical. It’s said, “if you don’t have your health you don’t have anything”. What about the thumb? I see the thumb as detached from the other fingers, unique, but lending great strength and ability – the soul.

So the question stands, which finger? Was it even clear?

• Megan says:

I am pretty sure it was my index finger.

• Dreams can be so many things: processing of events that happen in the day; “try outs” for something you would / could never do in the physical world; they can be signs from the subconscious / heart / soul. Just today someone shared a dream that could be a premonition about another persons health. I read that one as a sign that this person we all knew needed some rest and healing, and could use all of our support through prayer.

For you Megan, I see this as a way that you are giving yourself a subtle message about listening to and accepting your emotional voice. It’s so easy for us to get intellectual, analytical, always trying to do the right thing and overlooking that sometimes you just have something to acknowledge in yourself and then you can easily move on. What a great message for all of us!

Good luck with your self discovery!

17. Emily says:

Hummingbirds are a huge reminder of my grandmother, who I’ve been asking for a visitation dream from her in heaven since it’s been a while. Instead of seeing her in my dream again, I dreamed of a hummingbird drinking from the flower of a hanging plant on the back deck. It was sunny and warm, very much opposite of the below freezing snowy weather we have now. As I watched the bird, it drank until that one flower was dead and wilting. It bit the flower off the plant and began hovering in front of me with the flower in its beak. The hummingbird was as big as my head once it was hovering eye to eye with me and the colors were so vibrant. I finally took the flower from its beak once I realized it was handing me the wilted flower, then buzzed off. I ran inside so overcome with happy and sad emotions and I started to cry, because it felt like a sign from my grandmother that I couldn’t interpret. Since I woke up this morning, I still can’t interpret this dream and it’s driving me nuts. Any insight on was this dream could be symbolizing?

• Hello Emily, thank you for sharing. Symbolism of those loved ones who are no longer with us can appear in the most subtle and unusual ways. A dear friend of mine saw a leaf on a tree outside her window that refused to be blown away by the winter winds was the presence of a loved one.

It looks like your grandmother is reminding you about life and renewal. It’s important that we appreciate life, all that “nectar” is here for us, and even what is used up will be renewed tomorrow. Life is too short to let opportunities pass us by. The hummingbird was offering you a healing gift.

Take care, thank you again for sharing.

18. Ariana says:

I had a dream last night of three hummingbirds flying in front of me. One in particular, the leader I assume, was beautiful with colors of gold, turquoise, and magenta. It disappeared and I felt something on my finger and when I picked up my right hand there she was. Perched on my finger looking straight at me with something of a smile on her. I have never dreamt something so vivid much less a hummingbird. What could this mean?

Hello Ariana,
      Thank you for sharing your wonderful, vivid dream. Your right hand is about action, and direction. Looks like this is really about connecting to your own spiritual leadership, and you’re ready to embrace that part of you in a whole new way. Looks very loving and appreciative. Enjoy your journey. If you want to delve deeper or seek support, please contact me to schedule a session.

• Lisa Gonzales says:

In my dream there were hundreds of hummingbirds flying around me and landing on me and I kept trying to not hurt them and feed them what does this mean I have never dreamed of hummingbirds before

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hello Lisa, thank you for your comment! Your dream sounds wonderful, but I also see an anxiety energy in it. It looks like its representative of the support you have, your spirit circle. Surprisingly enough it can feel great yet overwhelming to connect with so many! Remember to let yourself be grounded when interacting with so many winged ones!

19. Mary says:

Last night I dreamed that I received a nicely wrapped gift. I opened it and there were 3 eggs. As soon as I held the eggs cupped in my hands they started to hatch. They were 3 hummingbirds. I felt total joy and thought” what an wonderful idea for a gift. I need to give this gift too.” I knew I couldn’t keep them and they’d need to fly away so I went looking for a good place. When I found a nice place they flew up and around me a few times and then flew away. I wasn’t sad to see them go because they’re supposed to be free. I was just blessed because I had the experience. It was a wonderful dream, even though I don’t know the meaning.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hello Mary! What a beautiful dream! I’m letting the universe know I’d like a similar wonderful hummingbird dream! My last was quite some time ago. In my dream I was laying on the green grass in my yard, with columbine flowers above me. Two hummingbirds came to feed at the columbine, and I watched, with amazement and delight!

Thank you for sharing, and being a part of our Hummingbird community! I’ll share your story in a post soon as well as in these comments, and will see what insights are presented to me to share!

20. Chris says:

Hello,
    I’ve recently been having both sightings and dreams about hummingbirds these past few months. We have a feeder at the house that was untouched all summer as well and I started having random dreams that one would visit the feeder and I would joke with my mom about it, since it seemed unlikely. One day something told me to look out the window and there the little guy was! The second time I got that same feeling out of nowhere and just saw the feeder swinging slightly and suddenly one fluttered in to feed, I had to call out to my mom so someone besides me would get to share in the experience.
    Eventually I had another dream but this time I was surrounded by hummingbirds, though I don’t remember the full context. I know I was with my parents.
    The dream I am curious about was again in my house. I was walking outside toward a blazing fire that I thought was my neighbors house. It turned out to be an argument between my parents and them. Suddenly a large weird hummingbird appeared flying to take the nectar from a flower in a tree. The bird looked more like a native or Aztec symbol than an actual bird though. Then a swarm of different species and color of hummingbird appeared in the tree and around the sky and everyone just went silent. I’m not in any particular conflict with our neighbors so I am interested on your thoughts on the hummingbirds increasing involvement and symbolism in my dreams and occurrences in real life.
    On a side note, many years back I had crows that used to come to me and let me handle them without attacking in the wild. It was the craziest thing.

21. Sabina says:

A couple of days ago I had a dream of a white hummingbird. In my dream, I was with my cousin and we both were going somewhere, on the way there was a wooden bridge, I was following her, at first I was a little hesitant to jump and cross the bridge, but I did and when we crossed the bridge, a white hummingbird showed up, and I exclaimed to my cousin, “hey this is a hummingbird, do you know hummingbirds bring good luck?” In the latter part of the dream, I realized I left my purse on the road and quickly went back to grab it, I checked the bag and saw 100$ is gone. Anyhow, I am curious to know if the white hummingbird has any special meaning for me.

Hello Sabina,
      Sounds like you had a very interesting dream, very symbolic. The appearance of a white hummingbird is very striking, and the enthusiasm in your statement about hummingbirds and good luck comes across very strong and certain. Did you know or believe, before you had this dream, that hummingbirds bring good luck? Yes, this special hummingbird has quite a bit of meaning to you. It has to do with your ability to find special moments, places, and to actually see the beauty. So many of us go through life overlooking those things that are truly magical, like seeing a gift in another person. In your dream you crossed that bridge, and saw something special that would have been overlooked by your cousin.

For you to have this dream, and then seek out its meaning, that’s you as a soul trying to integrate your own “magic” into your everyday life. In other words, it is about seeing the white hummingbird and good luck that is a part of you. Good luck can be joy, and lightheartedness.

I wrote about albino hummingbirds after hearing about this photo, taken by a 15 year old photography enthusiast. Here’s a link to my article about albino Hummingbirds.

Thank you for sharing your dream with us!

22. Krystal says:

2 nights ago, I dreamed of standing in my livingroom in my childhood home when two baby hummingbirds fluttering by me with their mother. They were so tiny and happy. All 3 were a vibrant red and blue. I reached up to hold one of the babies and the other baby came and snuggled into my shoulder. They both were so fuzzy and soft with those new baby bird feathers. The mama just fluttered close by with a protective but ok vibe. The babies seemed to be enjoying nestling into me while I tickled their tiny bellies. I woke up with the biggest smile and told my husband about it. I absolutely adore hummingbirds, I have two hummingbird tattoo’s and love feeding them each spring/summer. So I was so excited to have dreamed of them. Could you please tell me what meaning this has?

23. Angela says:

I had my first dream of hummingbirds last night. The first one was flying and looked distressed (at least that is what I sensed in the dream). I was wondering what it was still doing here as it is winter and should have migrated by now. I noticed yellow flowers nearby but they were wilted and the hummingbird couldn’t get any nectar from them so he was quickly losing strength. I wanted to help and he did fly to me. Then the dream changed and there were a couple more in a building that were even more weak and one young bat. I wanted to bring them home with me to give them sugar water and hopefully revive them. I thought the bat was cute and wanted to bring it too but felt that people would be upset. I think the bat represents fear of what other people think even if it doesn’t scare me. But the weakened hummingbirds?thought hummingbirds were more symbols of joy. The dream felt a bit apocalyptic. Could it be as literal as I’m not replenishing myself? Thanks for any insight.

24. Julie says:

I had a dream this morning.

Dreamed I was airing my 2level apartment out and all a sudden I see 2 hummingbirds come out from nowhere.. I try to shoo them away to go back outside with the doors open, but they refuse to leave. Then I feel them attacking me with their beaks. Poking me.. Then I manage to get one behind my back but the bird starts poking my back but it seemed like I was just trying to keep him behind by back..while the other humming bird just stood and watched.. Tho that humming bird did get a few poking before he stopped and just watched me get poked from the back..

Very weird dream for me. Can someone please help explain this to me.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hi Julie, thank you for sharing your dream! These poking hummingbird dreams seem to be happening to several people these days! Looks like an attention getter, to remind you to pay attention to what’s around you, especially those doing things behind your back. You look pretty grounded, but not quick tuning in to what is happening.

25. P says:

Hi there! I just had the most vivid dream, long dream. The first part of the dream was less vivid. In that part I was helping a girl get away from something. Then someone else, in order to do the same thing, concocted a device to put other people off the scent. Suddenly I was in a bedroom, having a heated discussion with my family about what’s going on with the world. I decided to go to the bathroom (this is when the dream switched to very vivid) and when I entered that room, a large hummingbird was floating in the air. It looked at me and flew to check out something to the left of me as I sat down. Then it flew back to me, about a foot in front of me and then lodged its beak into my hand. It hurt a little bit but I was more concerned with gently removing it because the bird had gotten stuck (but it meant to, it was very calm). I grasped its body gently and tried to remove it, but its beak stayed lodged as the bird was removed. As soon as the bird was free from its beak. It hovered in front of me long enough for me to rub its head, then flew to perch in a small wooden box on a shelf, where it watched me with a feeling of contentedness. I took the beak out of my hand and looked at the broken skin and then woke up.

Any insight would be lovely! Thanks

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Thanks for sharing your dream, P! That’s a very unusual dream, a little unnerving to think of the hummingbird losing it’s beak! Sometimes dreams are a sign, a prophecy. You could also be communicating or releasing something that isn’t shared in the daytime waking hours.

26. Juana says:

Last night I had a dream I was in my garden and in a orange tree on a frozen orange there he was a red hummingbird he was ill I took him in my hand and tried to warm him up with my palms as I was walking I found another one in the floor (this was a baby one) I pick them up both in same Palm and started giving them a reiki session I wanted them to heal so bad. The baby one reacted quickly and flew away from my hand but other one remined but was still breathing.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Thanks for sharing your dream, Juana! So kind of you to help those hummingbirds in their time of need. How long have you been using Reiki? It’s a wonderful technique, I know many who use it, and teach as well.

27. Catalina says:

I had a dream that my husband and I are in a grassy area outside (like in a lawn) and there are a lot of hummingbirds flying around us really close. And one lands on my back and I can feel it walking on my back. What could this mean?

Hi Catalina,
      You show such a vivid image of your dream, right down to the thoughts and sensation of this hummingbird walking on your back! Do you believe in spirit guides? I see this as being a gentle hello to you. You have a very sweet energy, but it’s also powerful. I see your husband also being a part of this, with him turning and facing you, energetically, and looking at you soul to soul, saying “do you see it?” Looks like a moment of awakening is forthcoming.
      Thanks for sharing your dream!

28. Tupa says:

Hi Kavi,
    I just woke up from an incredible dream! A beautiful teal hummingbird landed on my right check and kissed and sucked on my check. I walked around gently showing my sons and my neighbors. They were amazed. Then the hummingbird seemed to nestle deeper into my skin and before going into the torpor state, the bird seemed to lay a small egg in my right ear. After a while, I gently lifted the hummingbird off my face and held her in my hands until she woke and flew away. It was such a vivid dream!

29. Lorah says:

I dreamed of multiple hummingbirds in my dream. I was feeding them with a suringe. Two landed on my hands. One was golden in color and hung upside down from my finger watching me. I was happy in the dream.

Then I refilled the suringe looking to feed them. I went to a window looking out over the water but did not see them I went back and put something else in the pink liquid to feed them with but woke before I could find them.

30. Phil says:

Hi Kavi,
    I had a dream last night of a Hummingbird that flew up and landed on my right hand and kissed it, in a sucking sensation similiar to human lips. Looking forward to your response.
    Kind regards
    Phil

31. Ella VanDamme says:

I had a dream that I was in a room of some sort and I kept seeing these feathers that were all white and looked like Angels wings… they were moving around the room. I was curious so I held my hand out towards them and they moved towards me. That is when I realized it was an all white hummingbird. It was so small you could barely see the bird but the wings were twice the size of the bird. It flew towards me hovered and looked me right in the eyes and then it flew away. I did not know until today there was such a thing as a white hummingbird. I was doing research as to what it was I saw in my dream.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Ella, what a beautiful and insightful dream! Yes there are albino hummingbirds. I’ve written about albino hummingbirds in the past, you can see the post: http://www.hummingbirdshaman.com/2011/10/02/albino-hummingbird-a-rare-sight/.

There is a strong message for you in your dream. It has to do with recognizing your ability to be still and observe as a powerful ability. I’ve done many a session, under the wings of the hummingbird, to assist people of any age to realize their abilities, known or yet to be discovered. I wish you well in your journey. Thank you again for sharing your story!

32. Stephanie says:

Greetings Kavi,

I had my very first hummingbird dream last night, and the afterglow has been with me all day?. I was with a group of people looking for something (?) inside a building when suddenly the most beautiful cerulean blue hummingbird appeared and hovered right in front of me. We locked eyes, and I stopped in my tracks wondering how this stunning lil creature wound up trapped inside a stupid building–I had to save him! So I squatted, extended my baby finger, and to my surprise he darted right up to me and perched! Inside my heart stopped and melted–amazed at his fearless cooperation. He let me pet him, and I sensed an overwhelming feeling of trust between us that I wanted to hold on to forever! My next thought was to get him outside back to freedom. As i slowly stood up he flitted off my hand but came back. That feeling of trust was reignited–so much so that for a split second I wondered what it would be like to keep him as a pet. Naw! That’s ridiculous and would be so unfair to the hummingbird who no doubt would either die or be miserable in captivity. I finally got outside, and he was still close by–perching on and off my finger. “Outside” was a busy, city street. I desperately tried to show random people how beautiful he was before he flew away, but no one seemed to care. Eventually he darted off, but I was left feeling like I had experienced something very special and pure that was meant only for me?

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

What a vivid, inspiring dream, Stephanie! You’re right in so many ways. People have a difficult time stepping out of their own head or the illusions we have created (pokemon – go!!). Seeing and feeling the essence of life takes a shift in energy and focus. Sounds like your dream was a strong indicator of your soul’s presence in your more hectic times. I’m sure you will have a wonderful experience integrating that soul strength in the “mundane world”. 🙂

• Stephanie says:

You nailed it, Kavi! Inspired is exactly how I felt upon waking, and all I wanted to do was cling to the spiritual feeling I experienced during the dream. Your interpretation was truly enlightening and confirmed some very strong feelings about my life right now. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! ^_^

33. Randi says:

I had a dream last night that I saw a bunch of beautiful big hummingbirds. They started flying around my head and being playful. One decided to jump in my mouth and sit there for a moment. I was in aw. I would love to know the meaning of one wanting to be in my mouth. Thank you ?

Hello Randi!
      Thank you for sharing your dream. That does seem unusual that a hummingbird would want to sit in someones mouth! Your dream does have a very playful energy about it. I see one theme is the energy of joy, enthusiasm. Integrating more of your own joy into your voice. Lovely! You do a lot of double-takes to get your own attention (your soul talking to your body and mind). Looks like that’s one of the joys you bring into this world. Delightful!

34. Ann says:

Hello Kavi
    I had a dream last night. I don’t often remember my dreams. I remember being indoors, I remember a hummingbird. This hummingbird was trapped, she kept telling me she was exhausted. I tried to free the poor bird to no avail. Then of course the alarm went off. I’ve been thinking and wondering what this dream meant.

Hello Ann,
      Thank you for sharing your story of your hummingbird dream. While it has its sad part, I see it as a personal message for you. Something to do with being able to be in the comfort of your own soul. There is also a tone of being separate from the world during those times. Is this is something you are focusing on bringing more into your own consciousness for a reason? Perhaps so you can help others in the future? That part is not totally clear, perhaps not yet “mapped out” but there is certainly an energy signal about it. That’s about all I can say in a comment, you can always schedule a session if you want private one-to-one talk.

35. Rose Purser says:

I just awoke from a dream I was inside a house as I clean houses..but inside the house I had a few hummingbirds zip by me and actually touch the back of my hair…then for some reason there was a tree in the house and I noticed a hummingbird at the trunk of the tree…I walked over and looked and I could see very clearly a hummingbird nest and a little baby hummingbird fly up and the momma was feeding it…it was so very delightful…I witnessed this 2 or 3 times.. The momma hummingbird would always be at the bottom of the tree but when I walked near she would fly up and feed the baby….It was so very beautiful I love hummingbirds…when I saw the momma at first I thought she was dead until I walked near her…I had to share it was so very magical to me. ….

36. susan Pitre says:

i had a dream as well about a humming bird coming to me but it was before this house i was visiting , this man was next to me at the table and coming into the door was a shorter guy with glasses and he had a cast on his leg and my eyes were drawn to him , like is he the one for me, since i am single , and he went into the room for the smokers , which i detest the smell of cigarettes , so right after that , this tiny humming bird , just like butterflies do , this humming bird came right up to me to my face i was saying awe hi to the little one so cute i though and all of a sudden it got sucked up inside my left ear and i was in a panic like how will i get this humming bird out the panic and i woke up feeling like it was stillin my ear lol werid

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Isn’t it funny and strange the way dreams can mix things we consider “real” and things you would only see in fiction? Is it imagination running its course? Are dreams a method of defusing events of the day and feelings thereof into threads of a tapestry of personal interpretation?

You certainly have a very strong sense of analysis and interpretation! I think about all I would offer is that it looks like the challenging part is trying to figure out how it relates to you, the weighing and measuring, and whether or not you are making the right choices. LOL isn’t life just a blast sometimes? 🙂

Thanks for sharing your dream, Susan!!

37. Amanda Grunewald says:

Hello,
    My dream of hummingbirds was quite different.
    I was walking down a path. On the sides of the path were these trees that had purple flowers. But the winter was coming and the flowers were dying off. Suddenly, a mom hummingbird appears with many (11) babies.
    I pluck a flower from the tree in hopes to feed the hummingbirds. They are hesitant at first. But eventually they realize I am there to offer help. They all feed off the flower and I hear the small chirps and there buzzing wings. I feel pure joy because they are being fed. Then all of a sudden the fall to the ground and they become unconscious. The next time I look at them there in a pile together in a whole and I’m trying to rescue them…..I look over and I see two dogs or wolves. Unsure which…. White. There were two. Male and female. The female was giving birth, and there were 10 pups. But all her pups were brown. But the 11th was stuck. I got this feeling that she was very shy and didn’t trust humans, but came to me for help. I helped her and when the pup delivered the pup was white.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Very powerful dream, Amanda! What I notice is the attention you give to numbers, primarily the number 11. Being a prime number there is a strength, but also an urgency attached. What comes to mind, for me, is also the number 11 in the mayan calendar, something I had tuned in to many years ago. The mayans used 13 numbers, plus zero. Eleven comes after experience, invoking wisdom. In this case the word “aftermath” comes into play, change created by experience and learning.

Thanks for sharing your dream!

38. Julie says:

I had a dream that a hummingbird was in the house, I caught it, carried it around with me and it began to speak. It said it wanted to go home. I carried it around for a while and I kept saying I didn’t know hummingbirds could speak. Even though I did want it to stay with me I did let it go.

39. Corina says:

Hello, I don’t remember much of the dream, but I remember that I was somewhere with my daughters and my sister and we got out of the car and we were walking and suddenly there were alot of hummingbirds flying around and one landed on the ground and I really wanted my kids to see that I caught one and I kissed it on the head I don’t know what the dream means

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hi Corina, thanks for sharing your dream! Have you been questioning yourself on what you can provide to your daughters? I see that energy, and it’s good to question and continue to improve, but I also see effort involved. I think you are so good at providing opportunities to them that you don’t realize, it’s so easy for you to do! Also, keep in mind you don’t always have to be involved. You give so much to them. Interesting that you represented this with a hummingbird, they are such a great symbol of love and spirit. Nice!

40. Jameelah Bell says:

I had a dream in my dream I saw two humming birds the flew into a truck window then once they flew out one was hurt the other a baby newborn that couldn’t fly I remember trying to save them I picred them up then I woke up

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Thanks for sharing your dream, Jameehah. Dreams are so strange sometimes, and emotional. Looks like you are trying to resolve a conflict within yourself with relationships.

41. Katie says:

Hello,
    I had a dream that I was in a pure white bedroom, light filled the room. I was laying in bed awake, my husband close by. A pure red humming bird was flying to me and hovering around me. And I felt joyful. I pointed her out to my husband in amazement.
    -the purity of the room and the vibrant red of the hummingbird were very stunning.

42. Kim says:

Last night I dreamed I was driving through the snow – I was in a hurry to find a parking spot to get to a meeting. It was dark and cold and there were headlights shining toward me when I parked. When I got out of the car, the headlights shining toward me were no longer there in front of me – nor was a car. It was a bush in full bloom, but with icicles on it and within its leaves was a hummingbird. It seemed to be a baby hummingbird because it was fuzzy. It was indigo blue with the essence of pink and yellow and it was also covered with snow. I saw it and gently lifted it out of the bush. I was holding it gently in my hand and trying to warm it with my breath. I remember being so surprised that it was staying with me and I sensed such a great appreciation. I was so happy to be saving its life. I had no idea where I was bringing the bird and have no idea what happened from that point in the dream.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Beautiful dream, Kim! I see that indigo in the headlights, as well as your breath. Did you know the word “breath” refers to “spirit” in the bible? Your dream also contains a lot of love and heart energy. So glad you remembered this dream, a glimpse into your own spirituality. Nice!

43. Kathleen Parker says:

Hi. I had a dream during nap time yesterday. The hummingbird was nestled in my right eye. I kept trying too open my eye and i couldn’t. I tried everything and it wouldn’t go. It wasn’t hurt. It just wanted to stay there. It felt real.

44. Shirley says:

I had a dream last night , a lot of hummingbirds all flew to the feeder on and around waiting for their turn and it was still to cool of a season for them to be here , who put this feeder out I wondered. so i said to them what are you doing hear it’s much to cool out , I was so worried for the little birds , but they said don’t worry about us we will be fine . And my thoughts before drifting back into my sleep was they are so happy , and they would know best . Just a calming feeling

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Lovely dream, Shirley! You would be surprised, hummingbirds are known to survive even in snowy conditions. My local hummingbirds stay year round. I have times when I have to thaw the feeders or take them in at night, being sure to return them at the crack of dawn. Your dream speaks out about the calming feeling and happiness when you see things around you thriving. Isn’t that really the intent, to see happiness and prosperity in your own life as well as those around you. (Remember you didn’t have one bird, you had a lot of hummingbirds in your dream!)

It also appears that there is a message for you, a lovely one to hear: “see how so much can thrive around you without so much effort on your part?” Such a nice message.

45. V says:

I had a drram I was helping a boy catch this very small hummingbird, many times I would coax it into my cupped hands but while carrying it back to the boy it would pinch the palms of my hands so hard I would have to let it go free. We would do this over and over again until I woke up.
    I woke up remembering feeling the pain in my hands.

• V says:

I forgot to ask what you think the meaning of this dream is.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Thanks for sharing your dream, V.
        You have some very vivid signs. The little boy represents those who are perceived to be powerless. This looks like it is about becoming more consciously aware, looks like there is something happening in your waking life that you need to bring more focus toward (not just “going on autopilot” but bringing in heart and soul). Also a good lesson that no matter how much you try to help others, nothing outside of yourself is within your control. That’s a tough one for any of us to learn and understand!

46. Lu says:

I had a dream that I was walking through the first floor of my home, and I had a feeling that there was something in the basement. I approached the door, and I heard tapping. I opened the door and found two hummingbirds and a blue bird flying in midair; and they flew towards my chest for me to cradle all of them. This was strange to me, but I loved them being in my arms. Any thoughts?

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

What a lovely dream, Lu! It is not too often that someone mentions a blue bird in their dream. Looks to me you have several spiritual helpers working with you to open your heart chakra (even more than it has been open in the past). Remember, this is being gifted to you. It is easy to give it away, but makes a stronger impact and longer lasting statement to have for yourself and inspire others.

47. Jackie says:

I had a dream of a large oversized (100x) hummer that was portrayed/seen as animated…. I felt like it was animated so as not to scare me….I was so enamored with its size… so drawn in…. I said out loud… oh my God look, he is so big. Whoa!!! He was like the size of a puppy with wings…. please tell me what it means. Thank you??

48. Jackie says:

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Your dream sounds like a really fun dream, Jackie! Looks like you have a spirit guide that likes to be playful. I see a message about being aware of yourself in relating to others, offered in a loving way. Thanks for sharing your dream!

49. Emma says:

I was awakened by a dream I had last night I dreamed that insane a humming bird on a tree right by me it landed getting closer to me son I grab my phone to take a picture but insist want to move to fast because indidnt want to scare him so I was having trouble trying to take a picture finally the humming bird walks on my fingers and when the humming bird did that idk why I asked myself am I scared because usually I’m scared of them but I love them and before I can answer myself the humming bird stung me it hurted it felt real the humming bird flew away down by the floor as he flew away there was a frog once the humming bird left the frog jumped at me I hit it across the way I jumped on the bed and was scared still holding my finger because it hurt and the frog turn into a lot of clear flying bugs looked like mosquitos almost and I just remember feeling scared and grossed out and worried that they dont get me and then there were 3 hairties idk why I saw that in the end I found them by the window seal

Hi Emma,
      What a vivid dream! I think part of the reason for your dream is to be more aware, not just assume or take things by their appearance. You know, like not making assumptions about the people in your life. The three hair ties remind me of the belief that some have that tragedy’s come in group of three.

50. Cailey says:

In the dream I was walking slowly in a rather open spaced filed with a few large oak trees here and there, Immediately I saw a beautiful blue-green humming bird ; as it noticed me it zoomed down and perched into my cupped hands and looked at me…all I could do was stare in awe.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hi Calley, what a great dream! Reminds me of one I had of hummingbirds and columbine flowers. Peaceful, but also rewarding in the sense that it gave me a feeling of purpose and belonging. Enjoy those hummingbird moments in both dream and waking world!

51. Krysta says:

Hi,
    My grandma died a year and a half ago. She was a hummingbird collector (figurines etc) she loved watching birds in her yard all the time. We have since her passing associated humming bird appearances whether a picture, object or actual hummingbird as a little check in from her. Last night I dreamed that a hummingbird came and landed on me. I was happy and thought of my grandma but then a whole bunch of them came and swarmed around me. What do you suppose that could mean?

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hi Krysta, sounds like grandma is still there for you in emotion and spirit. No worries on your swarming dream, you have so many spiritual supports. Just remember this is your life, and supports are there as supports, not decision makers in your life. Enjoy the hummingbird kisses though.. haha sweet message from grandma.

52. Amanda Lake says:

I have 3 hummingbirds that visit my feeders and they always light up my day. I had a dream this afternoon that I was sitting on my porch watching them like I always do and I had a new one visit. She was BEAUTIFUL! Bright, vivid green and pink. She landed on my hand 3 times… I was floored that she was that close that I was speechless. I scrambled for my phone to take pics because I knew no one would ever believe me otherwise.

• Amanda Lake says:

I forgot to ask if there could be a meaning behind my dream? Thanks!

Hi Amanda,
      What a wonderful dream! Have you ever wondered if a dream was a dream, or “real” (it’s all real!!). Looks like you are working on your communication skills, bringing a spiritual ability into your conscious world. The number three is about about relationships – one being you, two being another, and three being the relationship you share. Also something comes up around the “no one would ever believe me” part, it looks like you are also working on believing in what you create. Nice!!

53. Almisha says:

Hello, I had my first ever hummingbird dream about two weeks ago. I dreamed I was in my bedroom and my mom was sitting in a chair in near my bedroom window. As I talked to my mom in this dream, a hummingbird flew into my room out of nowhere and gently poked at my finger and left just as fast as it appeared. The next day…in real life, while sitting on my bed, a hummingbird appeared at my bedroom winow and hovered there for a second or so. The next week, while waiting for my daughter after school, a hummingbird flew across in front of my car. Today, I was sitting outside and a hummingbird hovered over my left shoulder then flew away. I’ve never noticed such a presence of hummingbirds before I had a dream about one. Do you have any suggestions or interpretations as to what this sudden blessings might mean

Hello Almisha,
      So many hummingbirds, showing up in your dreams and waking hours! Looks like you are being shown the angels and support you have around you. It looks like training to prepare you for something coming up in your life. You’re getting support to recognize how strong you both for you and those around you. Nice! Strength can be many things, sometimes loud, sometimes silent, sometimes powerful, most times gentle. Thanks for sharing your story!

54. Lisa says:

What does it mean if you are feeding the hummingbird while you’re watching how beautiful it is, it’s perching on and taking food from your hand?

Hello Lisa,
      Are you talking about a dream with a hummingbird perched on your hand? Hummingbirds will do this, and feed from your hand. Thanks for sharing your experience!