When Crows Cross Your Path – Intuitive Meaning

Today’s posting focuses on the crow, inspired by a crow who moments ago captured my attention by pausing for a moment on the wires outside my house. The crow’s dark feathers made it appear more as a silhouette. I paused as well, remembering my experience the day before with many crows crossing my path.

The tree full of crows as I round the corner, the crows dancing across car roofs in the parking lot, and drive along the empty highway with rows of crows perched on either side, all these interaction with the crows have lead me to ask, “What have I missed?”

When Crows Cross Your Path

when crows cross your path what does it meanCrows have often been seen as bad news, bringing a message that misfortune will strike. In a world in which things “happen to us” and we must take whatever comes our way then yes, we would be watching for signs of what is to be. But we are creative and powerful beneath our day-to-day impression, and we have the ability to choose to accept, struggle within, or to change.

The sighting of a crow could be a sign to turn within and find what is creating the silhouettes within our lives.  Symbols within our lives and sightings that appear to hold meaning are not necessarily offered as a warning. These attention-getting sparks of attention could also be a reminder of something left behind, or a possibility that lies just beneath the surface that longs to be awakened.

Crows in a Time of Change

Change happens, and we can choose to wait for events to happen, or we can heed the signs and signals of the change as it grows into tomorrow. Whether it is a crow in our path or a gut-level feeling, we can use those messages as an opportunity to ease our way into our ever-changing next step in life.

hummingbird shaman signature

My greatest love is assisting others shift into the comfort of acceptance and appreciation. This relational, open-hearted energy carries into my many interests: photography, symbiotic gardening, long walks, and enjoying nature. Ready for a shift in your own world? Sessions available by appt.

Share!

Hummingbird Shaman

Kavi's greatest love is facilitating the shift from questions into greater joy and understanding. This energy of joyful expression transfers into her many interests: photography, organic, symbiotic gardening, long dog-lead walks, and, of course, bird watching. Ready for a change within your own world? Seeking your own multi-dimensional support and alliance? Healing sessions and transitional support are available by appointment.

You may also like...

14 Responses

1. Elizabeth says:

I received news of my grandson’s father had been moved to hospice at the hospital, my grandson is only 17, he doesn’t say much. His dad was diagnosied with brain cancer over 3 yr ago and steadily gone down hill quickly. I was talking with my medium friend this morning about it and she told me that I needed to be there for my grandson, and tell him that I am there for him and that he needs to let his dad know that he loves him and that he will be ok so that his dad will be at peace when he does pass.
    Later after I had told some friends of the conversation, I was heading back over to work, I caught the glimpse of a crow out of the corner of my eye, I didn’t pay attention to it, then it veered towards me and cawed at me, like pay attention to me. I did, and know change is coming whether we are ready or not. I know now that I need to be there for my grandson in this time.

• Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth. So sad for your grandson and his father, I understand it can be a challenging time from a friend who is dealing with an upcoming passing of a loved one.

Crows have been seen, in the past, as a sign that someone will be passing. Today in suburban spaces they are seen all the time, without the message of passage attached. Still, at times birds and animals can be carriers of a message, or reflect our own awareness back into our conscious mind.

Your grandson is fortunate to have you for support. God bless.

2. Erin says:

I had two huge raven’s cross my path, both switching sides causing an x, I really want to know what it could mean. Trying to find my path..

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Thanks for sharing your story, Erin. Crows are smart, and they work well as a team. I have several generations of a family of crows that come to visit (and ask for peanuts). As for your interaction with the crows, they were sharing a diversion technique that’s meant to pull a predator’s attention away from a certain place. You can look at your own life, to see what is pulling your attention away from what’s most important for you. That’s a good think for any of us to do, to be aware of distractions and get back to priorities. Thanks for calling this to our attention!

3. Jane says:

Recently I had an encounter with two crows. First, I was sitting outside and saw one flying low nearby me. Later that day one swooped down and landed on my car windshield before flying away. Probably the closest I’ve been to a crow in my life, even if I was just inside a car.

4. judith vanwilgen says:

I have 2 sick brothers yesterday I saw two ravens on top of the cross of the church across the street what does this mean

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hello Judith, sorry to hear that your brothers are having health issues. Seeing the ravens, or crows, depending on where you live, appears to be a sign about having faith. Remember that prayer is an alliance, and is done consciously. Ask, listen, communicate, and find agreements/alliances. That goes for personal, inward (healing). Ask, listen, communicate, build alliance to create what you need.

Blessings,
      Kavi

5. Lori Chevrette says:

I was driving home with my kids the other day. -on a street going 40

A crow came from the side flying towards the car and then flew infront of the the car and flying with is as we were driving.

It was cool, I’ve never seen a bird do that before! ?

Then I wondered if it had a meaning.

Now I’m here asking if you know what that meant?

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Interesting experience! It’s really hard to tell when it’s just something you were there to see, or if there is a message. In your case I see some emphasis on bringing your awareness back to what you are doing (driving). It seems a little odd to remind you to stay focused by something that is distracting, but it also works. I’ve seen potentially dangerous things happen when the driver isn’t fully engaged. Your spirit guide may have helped you avoid something with an almost undetectable change in your course. You might look into some adaptogen foods to help you be more balanced (as I remind myself of my earlier desire for a cup of holy basil tea!). Thanks for sharing your experience!

6. Lori Chevrette says:

^* flying WITH US as we were driving.

Darn spell check* lol

7. Stephanie says:

We recently lost a family member to a horrific accident, my father is due for bypass surgery and we have an uncle sick with Cancer and will be moving homes.My son and I were inside he is 7 months and he was very fussy. I tried to settle him in our living space. He was moaning as he does when he is super tired he did it three times after ever moan there was a cawing after the third time I picked up my son dashed to the window looked out and there was a crow sitting on the top of our light post, I then drew the blinds and he flew away. I am very unsure what this encounter could mean.

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Hi Stephanie, you have spiritual support from the animal totem world. Your son is very aware of this support, it is natural to him as he has not been taught otherwise. Crows are very team-oriented. Let them be around you to show you some of the layers of support that are offered to you. They are not negative, they are strong.

\

• Hummingbird Shaman says:

Nature can hold sacred space for it’s people. Crows are very family oriented, they support one-another. I would not be concerned, just understand that you have support on many levels. Be a part of “holding sacred space” for those in your circle, but also be open to support beyond your human space. You are not the center of everyone else’s universe, and the weight of the world does not rest solely on your shoulders. God bless.

Blessings,